School is back in session y’all, and whether you’re in high school, starting college, or in a graduate program, the time available to get ready before class is definitely of the essence! But, you don’t have to sacrifice your entire beauty routine. Here are my favorite go-to beauty picks to start the new school year off right:
- The Tory Burch Mini Duo Set Originally, I purchased this set to test out the perfumes before making an investment in one of the larger sizes, and I’m so glad I did. Not only is this the perfect size to keep in your locker, purse, or even on your desk, but the set is only $18. At that price, it’s also a great gift to keep in mind for friends and family!
2. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo We all know that sometimes during the school year that alarm clock just doesn’t seem to go off quite when you need it to, and suddenly the time you had planned to do your morning shower is gone. Don’t panic, grab your dry shampoo! I’ve used the Dove Dry Shampoo for a few years now, but just recently decided to try out the Drybar’s version, and I LOVE it. The scent is pleasant, not overwhelming, and it really does make my hair look like it’s been freshly washed and blown out. I’m a huge fan, and with the largest size option priced at only $23, it’s super affordable too.
3.Diorshow Mascara At $28.50 this one is a little more of a splurge, especially considering that I used to think it would be ridiculous to even pay $12 for mascara, but it is definitely worth the investment. If you wear contacts like me, you may notice that certain mascaras irritate your eyes more than others. I always assumed that was just something that came with wearing contacts, but this is the first and only mascara that does not bother my eyes. It goes on easily, makes my lashes look super lush, and has a luxe scent to top it off.
4. bareMinerals Original Foundation When it comes to powder foundation, this is the holy grail for $28.50. I always sweep a light layer on over my liquid foundation to seal and set it. It blends very easily, looks natural, and covers any imperfections like a charm. A little bit of this goes a long way, so one container lasts for a lot longer than its size would make it seem.
5. Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm I cannot say enough how much I love this lip balm. It smells great, is not at all sticky, and moisturizes my lips so well in just one application. Unfortunately, summer has to come to an end, and a new school year means crisp, windy days are on their way. Grab one of these for just $7 and protect your lips this winter!
6. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Since this is available in two sizes for either $14 or $30, it’s very easy and affordable to test out how this setting spray works with your skin. I hate feeling like I wasted money on a product that didn’t do what I was hoping it would, which is why I started out with the smaller size at first. However, as you can see, I love this spray. It isn’t sticky in the slightest, and ensures that my makeup stays matte on my combination skin all day long.
7. It Works! Exfoliating Peel Last but not least, makeup looks best when your skin is at its best. This peel has been a lifesaver for me. I use it once a week, and follow up with the Deep Hydration Mask to keep my skin healthy and glowing. Similar to many of the other products on this list, one bottle lasts a long time. So whether purchasing the $36 or $60 option, you will definitely get plenty of use out of the investment. Plus, it’s a great way to separate some time for yourself to decompress and destress. Spa time for one? I think yes!
Hope you enjoyed this post all about my Top 7 Back-to-School Beauty Picks! Have a beauty product you can’t live without? Comment it below, I love trying out new finds!